Calling all participants in our scoliosis program! Based on feedback from participants, we are announcing a change in our group format. We would like to invite you to participate in our new scoliosis open gym sessions!
You will be able to:
- Check in to ensure exercise quality
- Answer any questions you have about your exercise program
- Experiment with new exercise positions
- Co-mingle with others who are in similar circumstances for social and motivational support
- Use all of our equipment, including ladders, bands, rollers, etc.
We have reserved the following times for scoliosis open gym:
- Thursday, September 8, 2016 – 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 3, 2016 – 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, October 20, 2016 – 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- Monday, November 7, 2016 – 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, December 1, 2016 – 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- Monday December 19, 2016 – 5:00-6:00 p.m.
We require preregistration to ensure that everyone has access to a ladder. The cost of each open gym session will be $25. Sessions will be self-guided, with physical therapist Meg Gogin available to help you along as you need it. She will be available to support you, help you stay on track with your program, and offer ideas on how to progress exercises you may be already proficient in.
All past and present participants in our scoliosis program are welcome to attend. Please talk to your therapist to see if you would be a good candidate to take advantage of our new scoliosis open gym opportunities. Give us a call at the clinic at (414) 302-0770 to register. Hope to see you soon!
Meg Gogin, MPT
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology from Indiana University, 1996
- Master’s in Physical Therapy from UW-Madison, 2000
- Certified in the Schroth Scoliosis Rehabilitation Method, 2007. Lab assistant for Barcelona Scoliosis Physical Therapy School, 2012
- Completed SEAS – Scientific Exercise Approach to Scoliosis – Accreditation Program, 2012
- Specific interest in foot orthotics, scoliosis, vertigo treatment (canalith repositioning), and spinal and lower extremity mechanical relationships
- Certified in Intramuscular Manual Therapy (Dry Needling Techniques) through Myopain Seminars
- Unique golf expertise in collaboration with her husband, Dan Gogin, PGA